Log in

Log in

New Mobile Food Unit (MFU) Licensing

Monday, July 08, 2019 6:20 PM | Anonymous

Beginning July 1, 2019, Hennepin County Environmental Health will require any food truck or trailer (also known as a Mobile Food Unit (MFU)) to get a Hennepin license. Even if currently licensed by the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) or a city health department, the MFU must also get a license from Hennepin County if operating in the county's licensing.

This licensing does not apply to MFUs that have a Minnesota Department of Agriculture (MDA) license—we will continue to honor those licenses. A Hennepin County MFU license will only be valid in the Hennepin County Environmental Health jurisdiction (see map below).

Requirements for MFUs:

  • License must be original and posted on-site
  • Certified Food Protection Manager (CFPM) required per the new Food Code requirements
  • MN Food Code 4626.1860:  “the entire operation shall be accomplished from a single, self-contained unit” – setting up food tables or grills outside the unit is not allowed under the MFU license (additional licensing required).
Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software