Brooklyn Park Recreation and Parks Department is looking for a highly motivated and collaborative individual who has a desire to make a difference in the Brooklyn Park community. This is a new position that will work alongside another Community Events Specialist to plan the Celebrate Brooklyn Park event series. Both of the Community Events Specialists work to build events that create opportunities for community gathering, celebration, and engagement.
This full-time position is responsible for planning a full complement of events including a large community market, summer concerts, and various community celebrations throughout the year. Both of the Community Events Specialists participate in a multi-department group of City staff who work collaboratively on events and outreach throughout the year.
This position works under the general supervision of the Recreation Supervisor in the Recreation Services Division of the Recreation and Parks Department
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and implement community events that are culturally relevant and engaging in support of the Brooklyn Park 2025 Goals
- Collaborate with a multi-department team of employees to host multiple events per year for 250 to 1500+ participants
- Collaborate with the Community Engagement and Communication teams to develop communication and engagement plans that ensure participation in events, especially in underserved and underrepresented communities
- Develop and maintain strong connections to community members and organizations in Brooklyn Park
- Management of overlapping project timelines for individual events
- Ensure City policies are followed, provide support for ongoing volunteer recruitment, secure assistance for events operation from other City departments, negotiate contracts and ensure the overall safety of events
- Recruit and select contractors, vendors, performers, and sponsors for events operation
- Work with other City departments to develop and promote sponsorship options for events
- Co-manage community events budget to operate within identified resources
- Update and maintain City events calendar and Celebrate Brooklyn Park website
- Perform other duties as assigned
View the full job posting & apply here >>