MNFEA will offer a $300 scholarship to a current MNFEA member for the online Festivals and Events Management course offered by the Tourism Center the at University of Minnesota. The details below provide information on the eligibility criteria, application, process, and scholarship awarding.
The University of Minnesota’s Festivals and Events Management course is geared toward individuals starting their career in the event world, as well as those with one to five years’ experience who seek a deeper knowledge of the industry. The course offers a well-rounded outline of many components of the events industry and affords individuals who complete the course a network of contacts for future questions or assistance. Participants may apply to obtain the Certificate of Completion by submitting a critical analysis paper that applies course content to a festival or event of their choice. Seasoned professionals seeking this certification may find some concepts to be elementary and can consider the course to be a refresher.
a. MNFEA members are eligible to apply for the scholarship. If a student intends to apply but is not a current MNFEA member, the student can register for MNFEA membership at the same time as applying for the scholarship. MNFEA offers each student of the online Festivals and Events Management course a one-time, one-year MNFEA membership at the student rate of $25 U.S. Dollars. Please visit http://mnfea.com/membership to apply.
b. The recipient of the scholarship must complete all course requirements by December 1, 2017. The requirements for the fall 2017 offering include:
· Complete the six regular modules of the course within four weeks of the last day of the sixth module.
· Participate actively in all the discussion forums in each of the six regular modules throughout the course.
· Complete the one week Timely Topic module within two weeks of the last day of the Timely Topic module (included in price of full course).
· Participate actively in all the discussion forums of the Timely Topic module.
· Complete and submit the assignments of the Timely Topic module within two weeks of the last day of the Timely Topic module
· Submit recap of class including scope of each session, most valuable takeaway, and suggestions to MNFEA at email@example.com, by Friday, December 1, 2017.
Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete materials submitted will not be considered.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Click Here to Apply